Thursday, June 23, 2011

Winter to Summer in Ten Lines

Lost in the city; bike stolen; scam artists.

I can finally navigate my way home…

The mailwoman skids through the snow on her bike delivering packages.

In winter I love walking along Stockholm’s ice-flecked harbor, talking to boats.

My mittened hands grasp mulled, spiced red wine at the German Christmas Market in Cologne.

Hot crepes spread paper-thin and tossed over; I love Parisian food!

Popping open my umbrella: rain, sun, rain; I did not know Holland had a monsoon season!

Queen’s Day and the streets are crammed with carousing Dutchies wearing orange head to foot.

I watched sun flood stained glass windows in a Barcelona church, birds singing outside.

“Hello duckling in the canal, bunny, gosling, wind-swept beach at the Hague; hello thesis.”

No comments:

Post a Comment