Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Humor & Health in 2011

Breaks are never long enough. I had two delays on the plane from Amsterdam to Charleston. I was caught in a snowstorm in Dublin, Ireland, and was held there for a night and another extra night in D.C due to plane maintenance (whatever that means!) I saw two people I knew in the D.C airport on their way to Charleston and we struck up good conversations(a benefit to living in a small state with a small airport.) Though my break was cut slightly short, I had enough holiday happiness to carry me through. While others yelled into their Wall Street Journals as plane after plane was canceled, I smiled pleasantly (only occasionally gritting my teeth.) And, finally, I made it home. I got a new camera and lots of treats. I saw a few friends and loads of family (I’m sorry if you are reading this and I did not have a chance to see you--as we speak I am readying to depart on the plane.) With my new camera in tow I am thrilled to start capturing more images of my adventures. For a while most pictures will look like this: white, white, white. Snow. Ice. Snowflake. Crow flying through a gray sky. And then…..tulips! Springtime, sun melting all the snowcaps to streams, people finally able to hop back onto the bike. I wish people two things in the new year, besides good food, family, friends, and adventures: good health and great jokes.

After-Christmas-Joke

Person 1: I’m on a diet
Person 2: What kind?
Person 1: A seafood diet. I see food. And I eat it.

-joke compliments of my Uncle Tim


Wishing everyone a happy new year, from the Charleston airport,
Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment